Acts 8 (Key verse, Acts 8:4).
Where can you go to tell the Good News about Jesus?
Why do you think most Christ-followers are hesitant about witnessing for Jesus?
In Acts 8:29 its says that the Holy Spirit spoke to to Philip and told him what to do. Most of the time we read that and think the voice was audible. But, it doesn’t say that. More than likely it was an impression he got or a strong sense in his spirit. God’s Spirit communicating with his spirit. I think that’s what prayer is all about. God’s Spirit communicating with our spirit. Yesterday I talked about a book I’m reading on the life of George Muller. He was an amazing man of prayer. If you missed it you can listen to it here.
Muller was asked how he sought the will of God. This is what he said:
1. The first thing I do is get my heart in such a place that it has no selfish ambition in regard to my request. 90% of difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord’s will.
2. I don’t rely on my feelings or simple impressions. I seek the will of God through the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word must be combined. (Check out last weeks message)
3. I take into account providential circumstances. What some would call luck, karma, or chance. These plainly indicate God’s will.
4. I ask God to reveal His will to me.
5. Through prayer, the study of the Word, and reflection, I come to a decision according to the best of my ability and knowledge, and if my mind is at peace, and it continues to be at peace after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly.