I spend way to much time thinking about the future. That’s just how I’m wired. I’m a big picture thinker and love to dream, plan, and prepare for what’s next. Unfortunately, I don’t take enough time to remember. Today I just want to stop and remember the good things God is doing in my life…
- Sunday at Connection Dave Ramsey knocked it out of the stinkin’ park. That guy is one amazing plethora (see 3 Amigos) of financial wisdom. You do not want to miss any of this series. If you thought Sunday was good wait until you hear what Dave has to say this week.
- Some of Dave’s quotes cracked me up:
“I never met a millionaire who said they made it because of their Discover Card points.”
“Debt is not a sin. It’s just Biblically stupid.”
- Thanks to all our volunteers for your unbelievable flexibility. Sunday God smiled and the Devil shook his fist. That’s a pretty good day :)
- Sunday my son Jer turned 12. Welcome to manhood my friend. I love you very much! We started a new tradition in our house called “Birthday Skip Day.” On your birthday you get to skip school and do whatever you want (as long as it’s legal). Jer and I had a blast watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in 3D.
- In November we are doing a new series called Pisteuo (the Greek word for “I believe”). During the series we are going to take time to remember those that we love who have gone on to be with the Lord. This Sunday we’re shooting a special remembrance video and we’d like for you to be a part of it. Bring a photo to church of someone close to you that has passed away to be with the Lord. We’re gonna be taping right after the service and I’d love for you to be a part of this special video.
This was inspired by my Grandma Edna. She passed away when I was 10. She was an incredible woman of God and words cannot express what she meant to me. I have her Bible and it’s one of my most cherished possessions. I can’t wait til the day I am reunited with her in heaven.